Titanfall 2’s first free DLC is out today for anyone who preordered and Saturday for everyone else!
This is refreshing to finally have go live, for fans of Titanfall and the FPS genre in general to get free DLC is wonderful. Down with paid supply drops!
**JUST AN FYI THE GAME IS FREE FOR EVERYONE STARTING DECEMBER 2 TILL DECEMBER 4th. PLAY THIS GAME
Now lets take a look at what you are getting inside DLC 1 of Titanfall 2:
First off, Angel City is back. For those who were fans of Titanfall 1 or even just played it’s beta I’m sure you’ll have fond memories of seeing this map back. A staple from Titanfall 1 makes it’s return and it cannot be more welcomed.
The second piece of DLC we are getting is the B3 Wingman Elite (ELITE) Pistol which seems to be a new iteration on the Wingman pistol currently offered. I haven’t tried it out myself yet but I have been killed by it and can say, it hits like a truck and felt like I was getting one bursted by a shotgun.
Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.
- Ion: Refraction Lens
- Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways
- Scorch: Scorched Earth
- Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake
- Northstar: Threat Optics
- Enemies are highlighted while zooming in
- Tone: Burst Loader
- Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire
- Legion: Hidden Compartment
- Power Shot has two charges
- Ronin: Phase Reflex
- When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger
Now for a bit of sad (ish) news before we get into the meat of the notes:
$ PAID $ Content $
Scorch and Ion Prime Titans:
- Stand out with fresh new looks and executions!
Titan Art Packs:
- Customize your Titan with five new Nose Arts and an exclusive Warpaint skin. Each of the 6 Multiplayer Titans have their own art pack available.
- Includes instant access to 20 new and exclusive Callsigns Banners and 10 Callsign Patches.
- Includes 20 new and exclusive Camos that can be applied to every Titan, Titan Weapon, Pilot, and Pilot Weapon.
Now onto the good stuff! Stats, stats, stats, stats.
Stats are making their grand entrance into Titanfall 2 and they have been tracked since day one. Angel City will also be offered in a 24/7 Angel City playlist similar to what Black Ops would do with Nuke Town.
Balance Notes (Highlights)
- Killing Auto Titans will now count towards killing sprees and contribute to towards Camo unlocks.
- Ronin’s Phase Dash and Phase Reflex now removes Tone’s Lock-On markers.
- Attrition and Bounty Hunt – Reduced the amount of Core Meter earned by killing AI. (Looking at you, the ones who farm Reapers during Attrition matches)
- Adjustments to Northstar’s Flight Core.
- Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%.
- Flatline – increased far and very far pilot damage
- Volt – reduced pilot damage
- R97 – increased pilot damage
- Spitfire – increased pilot damage
- L-Star – increased pilot damage
- Double Take – increased damage
Saddened by the Volt but I understand why…I love that gun. All in all this looks like a really healthy update and some quality balance patches as well. If you would like to read more on the update click….. HERE