Playstation Experience 2016 went down this weekend and here’s the rundown of what we saw:
- Joel and Ellie’s journey continues in The Last of Us Part II
- Uncharted 4: The Lost Legacy announced for PS4
- Brand new footage shows off PS4 exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn
- Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4
- Capcom announces 2v2 fighter sequel Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite for PS4, out 2017
- PaRappa the Rapper, Patapon and Loco Roco PS4 remasters coming in 2017
- Knack 2 is coming to PS4
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy rebuilds the PSone classics for a unique PS4 remaster package
- Final Resident Evil 7 biohazard demo update out today; plus a new trailer out now
- Destiny’s 2016 festive season kicks off with new event The Dawning, starting 13th December
- Introducing the new Griffey-inspired “Retro Mode” for MLB The Show 17
- High-stakes, fast-paced investigative action in PS4’s Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, out 2017
- Beautiful new trailer for Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdomdebuts at PSX
I love Playstation Experience. It’s such an entertaining show as a Playstation supporter, they do an excellent job of fan service all weekend long with the game announcements and panels it’s just a fun weekend.
This year we were hit with a ton of classics, Patapon, PaRappa and Wipeout all coming back remastered as well as the 2017 release of Crash Bandicoot the N=Sane trilogy. I cannot wait to play Crash again and the trailer made me even more anxious to hop back into those 3 beautiful games.
Knack 2 was also announced….because everyone wanted a new Knack, right? Right.
Destiny has a new update that expands upon last years SRL winter update. I plan on expanding out a post of my fall out of love for Destiny within the week so no need to touch upon the Dawning update for now.
This one should not have been much of a shocker for people as it was leaked a few weeks prior. However, the trailer looked awesome and I mean who doesn’t want to see Marvels baddest take on the likes of Ryu and X. Hype!
Last point of note….shout out to Naughty Dog for opening the show with Uncharted 4 DLC then ending with the HYPE train teaser trailer of the year by hitting us with a Last of Us BOMB. What a way to end a show.
I’ll have a breakdown on more specific trailers and announcements later in the week so stay tuned.