So as of yesterday Overwatch has announced it’s latest buffs and nerfs to certain heroes within the game. My aim with these posts is to highlight the specific buffs and nerfs allotted to the heroes and then give my opinion on the situation at hand.
- Biotic Grenade
- Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%
Ana now has her Biotic Grenade nerfed by 50% on how much healing it can do to your teammates. This seems fair and should help a bit with the 4 tank meta but still doesn’t address just how effective the duo of Lucio and Ana are together.
- Health increased from 200 to 400
- Armor decreased from 400 to 200
- Fusion Cannons
- Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
- Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
D.Va now has more health + less armor and her Cannons have been slightly nerfed to deal 1 less damage but fire more bullets per shot. A D.Va nerf was needed imo..Just last night I went on a 30 kill streak in ranked with her, it’s so easy to absord bullets and get away from enemies like Mei or a Roadhog hook by just dashing out then continue firing your unlimited ammo. Unfortunately this may have nerfed her into the ground competitively and we may be back to square 1 with this hero.
- Chain Hook
- Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates
- Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog’s line-of-sight before being pulled
- Line-of-sight checks (which detect if targets should be initially hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog’s position, rather than the hook’s position
My instant reaction to this one was “Yeah, they nerfed him straight into his grave with this one.” Although I have yet to test him out on PTR myself I can see Roadhog swiftly exiting the meta.
Before we discuss the last hero (Sombra), I would like to address the fact that people, including myself, have been clamoring for the 4 tank + Ana-Lucio meta to be gone and to go back to a more traditional 2-2-2 or something similar. However, on Reddit today I see a lot of people going nuts that Road and D.Va got nerfed. That’s 2 tanks, I’ve been saying it for a while that although Ana is the primary issue, just nerfing her into the ground doesn’t fully solve the issue. As a competitive FPS you need to constantly change variables….players are smart, they will develop a new meta and in 3 months time we will be complaining about something different.
- The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds
It’s good to see Sombra get attention in an update, however, I do not see a .2 second decrease of how long it takes to hack an enemy as her issue. If you go and hack a soldier or McCree that .2 seconds won’t make a difference. I still think, aside from the spray of her gun, maybe if they gave her EMP ult a 1 tick damage to take out Symmetra turrets and gave you slightly more credit for a quality EMP that could be good.
All in all we will just have to wait and see how these changes play out on the PTR and wait and see how the meta shifts after this.