The Nintendo Switch will be officially unrelieved on Thursday, January 12th at 11pm EST. My body is ready.
Now during this reveal we will find out a whole lot, how much will it cost, what the launch lineup looks like, what the release date is, ect ect.
While I plan on posting all the specs and prominent information when it’s released, here are my predictions for what we will find out on Thursday night.
- The Nintendo Switch will have 2 sku’s one at $250 and one at $300. The later will have more memory and a bonus game (Mario Kart 8 is my guess).
- The Switch will release on March 10th
- Zelda Breath of the Wild will be announced with a March 10th release as well
- The Switch will come with an updated version of either Splatoon or Smash 4
- A new Mario game will be shown off and will release with the Switch. We all will then proceed to lose our collective minds.
- Nintendo will talk about dropping Friend Codes in favor of a standard user name set up (Like what Xbox has been doing since 2004)
- The Switch will have trophy/achievement like features
- The battery Life of the Switch away from dock will be ~5 hours
- The Switch will have SD memory and the cards will work similar to that of the gamecube
- New Sonic Game will be revealed as a Switch exclusive. Skyrim and 2 other 3rd party games will be released almost like what the Wii U offered at it’s launch with Mass Effect and Batman
- Rayman Rabbids will do something for the Switch for launch
- Switch will launch with a fully stocked virtual console from Gamecube down to NES.
- The home dock will work as intended. Upgrading graphics from 720 to 1080 and will improve -slightly- on performance
- You’ll have the ability to save to the SD card of your choosing or leave the save on the card it comes with (no discs, duh)
- Lastly, this is my bold prediction, Nintendo will begin to charge for online services- $30-$40 a year and will include some nintendos reward stuff. They will have dedicated party chats and messaging. There will be a Switch app for mobile at launch and ALTHOUGH THIS IS ALL WISHFUL THINKING I PRAY THAT THEY GET THE WHOLE INTERNET THING DOWN.
Thursday at 11PM can’t come soon enough!