Another week and another update to Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds.
Also, a quick shout out to the whole team as the game reached a new record of 191,000 concurrent players over this weekend!
On top of getting an update this week, the leaderboards are now being reset. The leaderboard reset is happening tomorrow at 3:00am and will take 5 hours for the new leaderboards to be open.
New Chicken Dinners for everyone!
As with the last monthly update, the one that follows is typically seen as an update of maintenance, so don’t get too riled up when reading.
The leaderboard tracking will remain offline for 24 hours and will return on June 1st at 4PM KST/12AM PDT/7AM UTC. All data for matches played during this time will NOT be saved.
Now onto what we have changed and fixed in our weekly update. Please remember that our weekly updates are for pushing bug fixes and small performance updates, and should not be compared to our monthly patches.
We will first roll this patch out to the test server tomorrow, Wednesday. No ETA for when this will happen yet, so stay tuned to our Twitter for updates!
This patch will be deployed to the main servers on Thursday, June 1st, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.
- Improved performance by reducing effects played excessively during vehicle crashes
- Improved performance on the server in relation to vehicles
- Fixed a crash related to unequipping an item
- Fixed a crash related to when vehicles crashed
- Fixed a bug that caused a player to die without entering the REVIVE state when being shot by a shotgun or a full-auto weapon in DUO or SQUAD modes
- Fixed a bug that caused other players’ voice chat to be heard at high volume on the airplane
- Fixed a bug that caused breath gauge to be shown incorrectly in certain situations
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a player to “die from falling” after getting stuck in buildings or vehicles
- Fixed a bug that caused sound to stutter when many players are swimming
- Fixed a bug that caused translucent crosshair to be shown on VSS scope
- Fixed a bug that caused a player to go back into the REVIVE state when two players start the revive action and one cancels